At the outbreak of the Spanish Civil War in 1936, Federico Garcia Lorca finished what would be his final masterpiece, The House of Bernarda Alba. Two months later he was killed for his leftist politics.
After the death of her second husband, Bernarda Alba decrees a traditional eight-year mourning period. Tyranically ruling over her five daughters, she will do anything to safeguard her family’s place in the community and daughter’s futures. Jealousy and suppressed sexuality quickly rise to the surface, leading to rebellion and a tragically inevitable ending. Expressing the costs of repressing the freedom of others, 75 years later The House of Bernarda Alba is still a timeless work, particularly in today’s political climate.
The Ballard Underground
2220 NW Market Street
Seattle, WA 98107
[table id=3 /]
- General Admission: $15 advance purchase/$18 at the door
- Student: $12 advance purchase/$15 at the door
- Senior: $12 advance purchase/$15 at the door
Do something special! There are four Premium Tickets per performance. Premium Tickets include:
- Reserved seating
- Priority entrance
- A drink tickets
- Available only at brownpapertickets.
- Each Premium Ticket is only $50
Advance/credit card purchase tickets available at Brown Paper Tickets.
$10 at the door, sold five minutes prior to showtime, depending on availability. Rush Ticket availability is not guaranteed; tickets sold on a first-come, first served basis. Cash only.
* Premium Seating: Four tickets will be available for each performance at this price. Premium Seating includes reserved seating, priority admission, and a drink ticket.
For reservations, email email@example.com or call (425) 298-3852. Please note, cash and check at the door only. Reservations are held until 5 minutes prior to showtime.
Special Thanks To…
The House Of Bernarda Alba is possible thanks to our successful Kickstarter campaign. We would really like to thank our backers!